3 Reasons Why Recruits Need a Highlight Video
In most cases, the highlight video is the most important tool a prospective student-athlete can use when trying to get noticed by colleges. It can be the difference between a coach coming out to see you play and briefly glancing at your name on a college coach packet at an event.
REASON #1 – IT SEPARATES YOU FROM THE CROWD
Only 3% of athletes have highlight videos accessible online. I’m sure this number will come as a surprise to most, but it’s true. The irony is that 100% of college coaches agree that video is key in evaluating a player in today’s day and age. It’s important to get any advantage you can during the recruiting process and having a professionally edited highlight video ready to go will help you stick out.
REASON #1 – COACHES DON’T HAVE TO TRAVEL TO SEE YOU PLAY
The biggest and best advantage you can get in your recruiting process is to get a highlight video created and make it easier for college coaches to see you play. With the exception of mid to high major DI schools, many colleges have tight travel budgets. If you can provide coaches the opportunity to see you play without having to leave the comfort of their offices, you are doing them a huge favor and saving them money in the process!
REASON #3 – HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS GET YOU A FOOT IN THE DOOR
A highlight video is only the first step in getting the attention of college coaches. What this tool does is gets you ON SCREEN in front of a college coach with minimal time invested on their part. We recommend keeping a highlight video in the range of 3 to 6 minutes long. Give the school you’re interested in a snippet of your talent and then, if the interest is mutual, they will ask for more extensive game film, which then may lead to in-person evaluations and/or phone calls (at minimum).
READY TO ORDER A HIGHLIGHT VIDEO?
If you are a U14-U17 Premier Academy player, you can order a highlight video today and get a leg up on your competition! Click here to learn more.
Our Mission at Premier Basketball
The mission of Colorado and Utah Premier Basketball Club is to provide an exceptional personal development experience through the game of basketball for youth ages 3-19 by teaching the values of hard work, accountability, team play, competitiveness, and sportsmanship.
We will provide comprehensive programs that help all of our athletes, from the beginning player to our elite national level players, become the best players and people they can be.
It is our goal to provide a safe and positive environment where all children feel valued and can feel great about their accomplishments. Most importantly, we hope that after our players have moved on from our organization, they will realize lifelong benefits from their experience with Premier.
Premier seeks to establish the highest quality youth basketball club in the world.
Our parents, athletes, and fans will find that Colorado Premier Basketball Club and Utah Premier Basketball Club are committed to the following five core values:
- Kids First: We put the kids first in everything we do and every decision we make in our boys and girls youth basketball club.
- Whole Player – Whole Person Development: Our programs expand beyond just basketball. Through on and off the court activities, we attempt to instill the values of hard work, accountability, team play, sportsmanship and charity in all of our athletes.
- All Ages – All Abilities: We believe that basketball can be a positive outlet for all youth, not just elite athletes.
- High-Quality Coaches and Staff: We seek out the highest quality coaches and people to be a part of our organization. We proudly support the Positive Coaches Alliance.
- Affordable, Value-Driven Programs: Our staff and coaches are in this for kids, not money. We keep our fees as low as we possibly can to run an exceptional organization and allow families the ability to have their kids play for Premier.